Can you see what’s inside this garden of hearts? As far as we can see, its people. The love of people is what’s inside the heart of our God. He looks inside, yet He sees the outside as well. Much grooming took place for this garden to be perfected and be as beautiful as it is. Lots of pruning occurred for this beautiful display. The same is true for us.
Jesus was addressing this issue with the crowds as He taught. He said, “Clean out the inside of the cup and dish, then the outside also will be clean.” (Matthew 23: 26)
- Jesus clearly sees what’s on the inside of our hearts. Therefore, there is no reason to hide it from Him.
Nor is there any reason to run from Him. He longs to bring us closer. “Jerusalem, Jerusalem, how I’ve longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, but you were not willing.” (Matthew 23: 37)
Is your spirit awake to hear your Bridegroom King knocking? “I slept, but my heart was awake. Listen! My lover is knocking.” (Song of Songs 5: 2)
- If our heart is awakened, our spirit is awakened.
- If you can’t hear Him, do you search for Him? “Where has your lover gone, most beautiful of women?” (Song of Songs 6: 1)
“You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.” (Jeremiah 29: 13)
- Go after Him! “My lover has gone down to His garden.” (Song of Songs 6: 2) Are we willing to go after Him? Yes, He’s always calling to us, to get to know Him, know His presence.
While in the Lord’s presence, He enables us to see, hear, and settle in. “Now when Balaam saw that it pleased the Lord to bless Israel, he did not resort to sorcery as at other times. When Balaam looked out and saw Israel encamped tribe by tribe, the Spirit of God came upon him and he uttered his oracle… (Numbers 24: 1-2)
Balaam gave up his acts of sorcery as the power of the Lord’s word came upon him.
- The power of His Word and Presence changes everything!
In his oracle, Balaam saw the blessing of the Lord saying, “Like valleys, they spread out, like gardens beside a river, like aloes planted by the Lord, like cedars beside the waters. Water will flow from their buckets; their seed will have abundant water.” (Numbers 24: 6-7)
“Whoever blesses Israel will be blessed and those who curse Israel will be cursed.” (Numbers 24: 9b)
Balak gets angry again because Balaam blesses Israel. He does what God wants him to do, again.
- Obeying God will sometimes require us to stand alone, instead of yielding to the popular belief or opinion.
Are we willing to do what God wants, even if we are the ONLY one who goes?
- Being an oracle for the Lord requires a willingness of standing alone, but standing upon His promises.
- Monetary gain will never get us to the place the Lord is calling us to, His presence and His wisdom will get us there. The monetary increase is a byproduct, His blessing.
Be willing! What matters is that willingness is the motive of true generosity. That’s always displayed by a willing heart, the place that God is always looking into.
(Matthew 23: 13-39, Song of Songs 5: 2-6: 3, Numbers 23:27- 24: 25, Paraphrased)
UNBROKEN LOVE SERIES
You can find all of the Unbroken Love series posts by clicking the button below.