I saw this picture once where a man was standing in his boat, in awe of the golden display of glory that was before him. The rays of the sunlight were shining down displaying a stunning glory; so magnificently beautiful, that he was standing up embracing the moment, the God moment.
One day, as a follower of Jesus Christ, we will be standing before glory, not from the sun, but from The Son, who is The Way, the Only Way! Oh, what a glorious day that will be!
Jesus was comforting His disciple’s hearts, for they were troubled. He said, “Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God!” (John 14: 1) He is trying to prepare them telling them that He will be going away, preparing a place, but, “I will come back and take you to be with me, that you may also may be where I am.” (John 14: 3)
How do we get there? One way, His name is Jesus. The disciples were deeply troubled. Jesus reassured them saying, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” (John 14: 6)
- If we know Jesus, we know the Father; they are one.
Jesus said, “It is the father living in Me, who is doing His work.” (John 14: 10)
- It is Jesus living in us, who is doing His work through us. (Shared from John 14: 1-14, Modified)
The One Way Includes Unity
Jehoshaphat experienced, “A vast army is coming against you. Alarmed, Jehoshaphat resolved to inquire of the Lord and proclaimed and required a fast for all Judah. The people of Judah came together to seek help from the Lord. Indeed, they came from every town in Judah to seek him.” (2 Chronicles 20: 2-4)
- The One way is the way of unity.
- Coming together, as one, is the only way.
Jehoshaphat does what we should all do, “We have no power to face this vast army that is attacking us. We do not know what to do, but our eyes are upon you.” (2 Chronicles 20: 12)
- Know what to do. When all hell is coming against you, keep looking up to the Lord.
“Then the Spirit of the Lord came upon Jahaziel who prophesies, “Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God’s. You will not have to fight this battle, take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you. Go out to face them tomorrow and the Lord will be with you. ” (2 Chronicles 20: 15, 17)
- Position yourself in Him.
- Trusting devotion and humility brings forth the plan of God, to stand firm, in Him.
In humility, Jehoshaphat bowels with his face to the ground, all the people fell down in worship before the Lord. Then they all went out praising!
- Remember always to give praise after our victories. (Shared from 2 Chronicles 20: 1-21: 1, Modified)
He Won, As The One
Our God rules over our enemies, no matter what. Even in Israel’s unfaithfulness, “He beat back His enemies; He put them to everlasting shame. He chose the tribe of Judah, Mount Zion, which He loved. He builds His sanctuary like the heights, like the earth that He established forever.” (Psalm 78: 66, 68-69)
- God establishes His people.
If you’ve felt like you were forgotten, no way is that true! Here’s what He did for David, who wasn’t even in the line-up as Jesse’s sons when Samuel came to choose and anoint the next king of Israel. David’s own father left him in the fields tending the sheep. Samuel had to ask if Jesse had any more sons. Then, David came forth and was appointed. (1 Samuel 16)
- There is a time for your anointed and appointed day of establishment. This day is not in the hands of man but in the hands of our God! There is no need to push your way to the front, God will graciously do that for you, and no one’s toes will be stepped on or pushed away. He shall raise you up!
“He took David His servant and took him from the sheep pens; from tending the sheep He brought him, to be the Shepherd of his people…His inheritance.” (Psalm 78: 70-72)
- The way to lead is with integrity, and the oneness of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- Jesus is the way to a relationship with our God.
The way that we lead, witness, and model is the way that leads others to Him–the way to that place, the place of His presence, and our eternal home. Jesus is clearly the way. Yes, heaven is our home. Jesus will take us there.
“Have a clear conscience and desire to live honorably in every way.” (Hebrews 13: 18)
(Shared from Psalm 78: 56-72, Modified)
UNBROKEN LOVE SERIES
You can find all of the Unbroken Love series posts by clicking the button below.