The Jill Monaco Show
CONVERSATIONS THAT INSPIRE YOU TO LOVE WELL
My guest today is Jason Davis. Jason is an entertainment industry executive with a broad range of titles including award-winning songwriter, award-winning author, independent record label president, executive TV producer, entertainment consultant, former Senior VP of A&R for Dolly Parton’s management company, and a serial entrepreneur.
I met Jason and his wife Heather back in 2008 when I was the director of artist relations for an affiliate of Wycliffe Bible Translators. We met at Gospel Music Association, GMA in the Rocky’s. I’m so thrilled for you to hear his story of how he wrote a hit Christian song before he knew Jesus. Plus you’ll hear his story of coming to faith and overcoming the enemy’s displeasure. It will make you think it’s right out of a movie. Don’t miss the end when talking about some challenging experiences with other Christians that have taught us to love well anyway.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN
- What was going on with Jason before he wrote a hit Christian song (as an unbeliever)
- How he rose to success in the music business in LA
- Why Jason thinks stars end up killing themselves
- His own story about contemplating suicide
- How he came to faith in Jesus Christ
- Hear how he saw Jesus in a vision
- What spiritual warfare was waiting for Jason after salvation
- How Jason has handled Christians who have betrayed or stolen from him
- What he has learned about how to love people well in business
- Why he thinks making your yes a yes is key to succeeding in business
- How I got my first pair of cowboy boots and why it matters