The Jill Monaco Show
CONVERSATIONS THAT INSPIRE YOU TO LOVE WELL
Learning to say “yes” to God is a muscle we can grow… especially in uncertain times. How much free will does God give us? Can we miss His plan if we choose to go a different route? Does God use our ideas and let us add on to His? Learn how the improv tool ‘yes-and’ can be used as you grow in faith and open doors of opportunity!
I’m excited to introduce to you my guest, Andrea Coli. She has a Masters Degree from Fuller Theological Seminary. She is also is a pastor, speaker author and …wait for it … comedian. She has been described as having the ability to transform a room into a fun atmosphere while enriching it with the Truth of God’s word. She uses her background in improv comedy and her biblical knowledge to inspire others to discover God’s unique call for their lives. Andrea is enthusiastic, inspirational, and relatable. Whether you are laughing, crying or a bit of both, her sense of humor will capture your attention and then lead you on a journey to the heart of the message.
We had an awesome chat about how she is using improv as a way to say ‘Yes AND…”. She uses improv as a way to express the idea that God wants us to remain open and flexible to His plans. Knowing that you AND God can write your story – together. It creates a life of freedom as you explore all the possibilities God has for you.
Andrea has tested and lived this out … in 2003, she moved to Las Vegas and had the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to join the cast of The Second City’s “Scriptless” an all-improved show on the Vegas Strip. Now she ministers at CrossWinds Church in the San Francisco Bay Area as a Teaching Pastor and as part of the Creative Arts Team. She partners with her husband Chris, who is the Senior Pastor.
WHAT WE TALK ABOUT IN THIS EPISODE
- How to get through the season where you feel like you’re not seeing all of God’s promises in your life or have been waiting (faithfully) for a long time
- Andrea’s advice on how to get to where you want to be
- How Andrea got into comedy improv
- I share some of my professional acting bloopers
- What tools she learned in improv help you say yes to God
- Implementing the collaborative tool of “yes, and … ” to ministry, relationships, business, coaching, and life
- How God added an “and” to my yes by letting me do a workshop with Ruth Graham (Billy Graham’s daughter)
- Andrea’s Website
- Andrea’s Facebook
- Andrea’s Instagram
- Andrea’s book Scriptless
- Andrea’s hilarious video “Inside the Mind of a Leader”