The Jill Monaco Show
CONVERSATIONS THAT INSPIRE YOU TO LOVE WELL
Do you want to be bold about your faith but you’re not sure how it will be received? Are you in an industry that isn’t very welcoming to Christians? How do you pursue what God’s called you to and still represent Him well?
My guest today is Amy Joob. We have worked together in the entertainment industry. Amy is a model, motivational speaker, and now published author. She has traveled around the United States and Canada as a team captain for Porsche Cars North America and as a fitness model and product specialist for MET-Rx. She shares her story in her new book Model Behavior: Make Your Career Path Your Calling. Amy lives in the Chicago suburbs with her husband, Eric, and their children, Arianna and Ashton.
Amy and I talk about how to be bold in your faith in an area that may be uncomfortable….how to be a good steward of the talents God’s given you and live out your faith. I know you’ll be so encouraged by her sweet spirit and the deep well of love she has for God to be glorified through her.
IN THIS EPISODE YOU’LL LEARN
- How Amy got started in the modeling business and how she dealt with jobs that didn’t align with her values
- The question God asked her that put things in perspective about His provision
- How God is our agent that opens and closes doors
- It’s never too late for us to chase our dreams
- Why she wrote her life story in a book (and then won awards!)
- Her tips for how to write a book
- The difference between “show” versus “tell” when you’re writing a book
- Why no matter what … it’s all going to work out with God