Patrick Antonucci— Podcast Host
Gregory Love— Episode Guest
This is part 2 in a two-part series on Protecting Your Children From Sexual Predators. It is recommended that you listen to part 1 prior to listening to part 2 so that you can get a context for the conversation. Part 1 can be found HERE.
Our guest today is Gregory Love.
Gregory S. Love is a recognized expert in legal standards of care related to child sexual abuse. He also has a unique passion for equipping ministry leaders with an understanding of sexual abuse issues facing the Church. Litigating sexual abuse cases across the United States, his unique perspective provides valuable counsel to high profile secular clients, while providing crisis response to ministries and churches nationwide. In addition to creating loss control resources for insurance companies, Love regularly trains underwriting and risk management professionals to assess sexual abuse risk. After decades of litigating sexual abuse cases and providing legal counsel to ministries, Love partnered with Dallas Theological Seminary to create the first seminary course addressing the risk of child sexual abuse in ministry contexts.
Highlights From the Show
- The two places where barriers are the lowest.
- How to recognize the preferential sexual offender.
- The two biggest efforts the preferential offender will use and how to spot them.
- The four predictable steps the preferential offender will use in the grooming process.
- What a “hook” and “double hook” are and how sexual offenders use them to exploit children.
- The three pieces of information a sexual abuse victim is holding on to.
- Specific steps you can take to protect your children from becoming a sexual abuse victim.
- Specific wording you can use to help a child you think may be an abuse victim.