Children create headlines, leading adults in prayer and focus during this worldwide trial. They much more easily receive Father’s messages of hope!
This is a major part of the new normal.
Father’s new normal encompasses a return to His ways. We’ve entered the Kingdom Age, and this is the change that many prophetic voices have heralded, and the newness your spirit has sensed. (Note: Kat Kerr shared that we crossed into the Kingdom Age in 2012.)
Extreme good changes are in motion. The Kingdom Age is preparing the way for the culmination of time—and we will see organic life restoration and protection from harm as the Mountain of God rises to its position of imminence. There, “a little child will lead them,” both animals and people! (Isaiah 11:6).
Children (tweens and teens) easily receive what seems to be difficult for adults. This is a reality. Children have purity and clarity in their faith. Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these,” (Matthew 19:14).
Children are leaders in the Kingdom.
It’s good and right for us to listen and take to heart the dreams, encouragements, words, and visions that our children – and other children are voicing.
In the midst of this wonderful new normal, I’m sounding a clear call to protect them.
Father’s ancient enemy hates children because they are “seed,” and His seed crushed the serpent’s head. The serpent attempts to strike due to spite.
Protect Your Kingdom Kids
1. Take to heart what your child is voicing. Write it down privately and consider it, as Jesus’ mother did during his growing up years.
2. Pray and wait for confirmation, if you sense what your child voiced should be shared. Sharing on social media creates a set of challenges that have to be addressed with wisdom and strong boundaries.
3. Know this – in the case that Father confirms your child’s dream, etc. is to be shared, or if your tween or teen receives confirmation to “speak” publically – their voice is powerful.
4. Know also that the Father’s ancient enemy plans to stop them. When they step out, you’re now on the battlefield. Add to your daily prayers: “Father, cover them in the blood of the Lord Jesus Christ, and no warfare can cross the bloodline around them. Lead them not into temptation, deliver them from evil. Holy Spirit, seal Your work in them. Father, rearguard and seal them with Your glory.”
5. Entrust your children to the Father’s care. He takes it to heart when you place what you value in His care, and He is able to protect and guard them beyond your ability to do so (2 Timothy 1:12). This does not exempt you from praying, but it does take an added burden off your shoulders.
6. Speak honor. Raise the honor shield over them. Honor is a shield against jealousy—and jealousy is an issue from Father’s ancient enemy which has amassed much fuel through social media. One way the honor shield is raised entails speaking the good that is true about your child to your child and about them.
7. Keep your family spiritually clean. Daily communion helps you stay in daily repentance. This creates a significant adjustment in the spiritual atmosphere in your home—which impacts your children.
8. Keep your antennae up. Whether it’s “a” moment, or “their” moment, to step forward at Father’s leading, it’s advancing the Kingdom. Thus, it’s opposed. Don’t shake off any uneasiness about a certain friend, an opportunity, activity, etc. Take it to the Father to determine where the uneasiness is coming from. Often, Father guides you in protecting them by causing you to feel uneasy. He’ll cause you to have peace and confidence – even if it’s a faith jump – when it’s His path for your child.
What a joy to be chosen to live in this Kingdom Age and to parent Kingdom Kids!
With this call comes specific dangers that we must be aware of. As they take their place, we must stand in our place on the wall covering their backs, and together, we’re honored to advance the Kingdom.
This is an updated edition of a post originally published on Hope Streams