Is your heart assured that God will bless you even if it doesn’t seem that way now? As we study Psalm 112, this question will be answered. This particular Psalm is intended to be a compliment of Psalm 111. It is a eulogy of a Godly man/woman.
A eulogy is a piece of writing that praises someone highly. We usually hear them at funerals. The Psalm begins by extolling the Lord. The very first verse says, “Praise the Lord.” The tone is set as the Psalmist begins.
He shoots right out into the starting gate and declares, “Blessed (happy, joyful) is the man who fears the Lord, who finds great delight in His commands.” (Psalm 112: `1)
- Do we take delight in God’s commands, or do we dismiss them?
- Do we fear (reverence) God as we should?
To revere someone is to feel deep respect or admiration for.
Those who walk in the ways of God will not only themselves be blessed, “His descendants (children) will be powerful in the land; the generation of the upright will be blessed.” (Psalm 112: 2)
- The blessing of God is so vast, that it is passed on to generations of those who are upright.
The beautiful thing is that it does not stop there. Here’s what else happens:
“Wealth and riches are are in his house; and the righteousness endures forever.” (Psalm 112: 3)
- Our right-standing with the Lord never ends! Wealth and riches will be in our house; which means that we will eat, be fruitful and prosperity will be given.
“Even in darkness light shines, the light of God is shining forth. He is gracious, compassionate and righteous.” (Psalm 112: 4)
- When things around us are dark, we will have God’s light upon us.
Do we possess these qualities? A man who walks in the ways of the Lord does. The Lord watches over us to be quick to release His goodness, it’s a by-product of being blessed.
“Goodwill come to a man who lends generously and conducts his business fairly.” (Psalm 112: 5)
- If you are a business owner, your generosity to your employees, your fairness to them, shall be rewarded by the goodness of God.
A blessed man, “Will never be shaken, a righteous man will be remembered forever.”
Your good deeds shall be remembered; more importantly, you will be remembered.
A blessed and righteous man, “Will have no fear of bad news.” (Psalm 112: 7) Why?
His heart is assured of the faithfulness of God! He trusts Him 100%.
Benefits of the Assurance
“His heart is assured; he will not fear.” (Psalm 112: 8a)
- When our heart is assured we feel secure!
- When we feel secure, we have no fear.
“In the end we will look in triumph on His foes.” (Psalm 112: 8b)
- Our battles will gain us a victory over those who oppose us.
“He distributes feely to the poor; his righteousness endures forever; His horn will be exalted in honor.” (Psalm 112: 9)
- Distribution to the poor, many will see and honor is given.
- God’s name will be held in holy awe so the Godly man/woman will be held in honor.
“The wicked man will see it and be angry; he will gnash his teeth in despair. The desire of the wicked man will come to nothing.” (Psalm 110: 10)
LET’S DEFINE “COME TO NOTHING:”
A Godly man is promised, “Whatever he does prospers.” (Psalm 1: 3) Not so for the wicked man. “They are like chaff that the winds blows away.” (Psalm 1: 4)
The way of the wicked will perish and come to nothing.
KINGDOM PRINCIPLE: A Kingdom child of God will not only look in triumph but will live in triumph. His heart will be assured and secure in Him.
You can find all of the Kingdom Assurance series posts by clicking the button below.