As we continue to fight the battle of maintaining our freedoms and liberty in America today we have to recognize the Jezabel spirit that is in political power and vote it out.
Scripture tells us of the nature of this spirit is as follows:
“Nevertheless, I have this against you: You tolerate that woman Jezebel, who calls herself a prophet. By her teaching she misleads my servants into sexual immorality and the eating of food sacrificed to idols.” Revelation 2:20 NIV
Let’s evaluate other signs of the Jezabel personality-
“Jezebel” is a name synonymous with evil; she is the epitome of the wicked woman. So infamous is her name that, to this day, no one names their baby daughter “Jezebel.” To call a woman a “Jezebel” is the greatest insult imaginable. Jezebel was the daughter of Ethbaal, a priest of the cruel, sensuous, false god Baal. Ethbaal, the priest-king of Tyre who murdered his own brother to take over the throne, was hardly a good father figure. But Jezebel followed in her father’s footsteps and was herself a power-hungry murderess who stopped at nothing to get what she wanted.
The Jezebel spirit is sociopathic (lack of empathy; disregards the rights of others). It has a huge ego and wants to meet its desire and need for power. The Jezebel spirit does this by assuming false authority by any means possible. With this false authority, the Jezebel spirit not only fulfills its need for power but also gets tremendous ego satisfaction as it continually maneuvers for a position of control. Do you recognize this spirit in what is happening today? Three or more of these characteristics will identify this demonic spirit.
1. They gain power by destroying others. It is like an adrenalin rush when they “win” over someone. They manage to get in positions of authority and are difficult to displace, once there.
2. They are controlling, manipulative, bossy.
3. They can either be war-like in their personalities so that they are intimidating or so “sweet,” “perfect,” deceitful, “timid” and sneaky. They are able to fool and recruit others to join them. Sometimes they can be very charming and charismatic.
4. They are critical of others, vicious to the point of being bloodthirsty.
5. They are never wrong. Even in the face of evidence.
6. They recruit others in their charges against their victims. They act to persuade recruits and do not give up this activity until the recruits are won over. If the potential recruits do not cooperate and buy into things, this angers them.
7. They are narcissistic (self-important). While they can tend to be oversensitive themselves, they have no concern for the feelings of others. They are not sympathetic to their victims and tend to play the role of the victim themselves, in order to gain sympathy. This way the real victim is left stranded, and opposed by others if they ask for help. Being the center of attention really pleases them.
They falsely accuse you, and they do NOT forgive you.
We must become aware of what is going on in our world and we must obtain knowledge. Ensure first that these characteristics are not in your own spirit.
My people perish from a lack of knowledge. Hosea 4: 6 (KJV)
We must work to educate ourselves on these intense topics and be wise in all things
If we have the Jezabel spirit or we let the Jezabel spirit control us, our lives, livelihood and freedom will be no more.
Let’s be wise and evaluate every situation that appears to have the Jezabel spirit and work to get it removed from our lives, businesses, and communities
Mark Sherwood and I will keep our eyes wide open and use right action to eliminate the Jezabel in our lives inward and outward.
We hope and pray that you will do the same.
Written by Michele L. Neil-Sherwood
Learn more about Dr. Michele L. Neil-Sherwood at Functional Medical Institute