Yes, how do we lay hold of this Kingdom living?
First and foremost, we must align our thinking with what Jesus has said.
He clearly told us, “I have told you these things, so that IN ME you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble, but take heart, I have overcome the world.” John 16: 33
Today at church, our Pastor used this verse in his message as he was encouraging us not to give up. Thank you! My heart was leaping as his message was igniting a big, “Yes!” inside of me.
We have to resolve that we live in a fallen world and we will encounter trouble, discouragement, setbacks, and disappointments, but we don’t have to stay in that place. In fact, make it a point to move away from those things and even people that bring us down or keep us in that negative cycle.
The keys in laying hold of this Kingdom living is all about alignment:
- First Key: Align our thoughts with the Word of God. “For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith. Who is it that overcomes the world? Only he who believes that Jesus is the Son of God.” (1 John 5: 4-5)
Kingdom-minded folks must believe this truth with all of their hearts.
- Second Key: Align with believing that Jesus the Son of God overcame the world.
What does this really mean? We have to think, live and act like Kingdom citizens.
- Third Key: Align and position ourselves to rise above our circumstances to either change them or move forward in spite of them.
Kingdom living does not sit back meekly and accept defeat.
We stand on the promises of God and move out.
Kingdom living moves forward in confidence, advancing in boldness, power, and wisdom, with the strength, love, and humility of the Holy Spirit.
- Fourth Key: Align with truth knowing that Jesus is inside of us, and nothing on the outside is bigger than who is on the inside.
“You, dear children, are from God and have overcome them because the One who is in you is greater than the one who is in the world. (1 John 4: 4)
Kingdom living understands this is our formula for victory.
Obstacles To Recognize:
- If we are being overcome by the world, then we are not experiencing what the Lord wants us to have and lay hold of.
- If life is beating us up, and it does at times, then we need to start over with the first and second keys, re-aligning ourselves with truth.
- Fifth Key: The alignment we have is IN Christ; which in we have all the resources of the Kingdom of God for us to live in victory on a daily basis now.
KINGDOM PRINCIPLE: We prepare for the coming of Jesus by teaching about the Kingdom and our alignment and assignment to it.
You can find all of the Kingdom Assurance series posts by clicking the button below.