Are we confident that God is looking down upon us? Yes, He is looking at us and working all the time. If you feel like He is silent, does that indicate that He is not working? Nope! Remember, “His faithfulness never ends!”
He said, “My eyes will be on the faithful in the land, that they may dwell with me. He whose walk is blameless will minister to me.” (Psalm 101:6, NIV) His eyes are on everyone, but let’s focus first on those who are His. Here are some facts to ponder:
- Our faithfulness ministers to Him.
- Our blameless walk brings forth blessings.
- Our devotion to His Word and to Him produces rewards.
(Shared from Psalm 101, Modified)
Give Attention To His Word
Ezra the scribe read out loud the Word of the Law, as the heads of families, the priests, and Levites were all present to hear the Word of the Lord. Day after day, the Word was read.
Worship, Confession, and Praise
All were present when the Israelites came together. The Levites proclaimed, “Stand up and praise the Lord your God who is from everlasting to everlasting.” (Nehemiah 9:5, NIV) They confessed, “In all that has happened to us, you have been just; you have acted faithfully, while we did wrong. Because of our sins, its abundant harvest goes to the kings you have placed over us. They rule over our bodies and over our cattle as they please. We are in great distress.”
- It’s always good to acknowledge our sin.
- Worship and the Word bring forth repentance.
- His presence brings us to where we need to be.
(Shared from Nehemiah 8: 13 – 9: 37, Modified)
Time To Confess Before The Seals Are Opened
As John is watching, I realized the Lord is watching. The Lamb, our Jesus, starts to open the seven seals, which are the judgments that are to come. Each description has a rider on a horse. The colors correspond to the character of the rider.
- Seal #1 A white horse (Jesus) “Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.” (Revelation 6:2, NIV)
- Seal #2 A fiery red horse (bloodshed and war) “Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make people kill each other. To him was given a large sword.” (Revelation 6:4, NIV)
- Seal #3 A black horse (Famine) “It’s rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. Then I heard a voice saying, “A quart of wheat for a days’ wages and three quarts of barley for a day’s wages and do not damage the oil and the wine.” (Revelation 6:5-6, paraphrased NIV)
- Seal #4 A pale horse (death) “Its rider was named Death and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth.” (Revelation 6:8, NIV)
- Seal #5 Souls under the altar (Cry of the martyrs) “I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and testimony they had maintained. They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood? Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the number of their fellow servants and brothers who were to be killed as they had been was completed.” (Revelation 6:9-11, NIV)
- Seal #6 An earthquake “There was a great earthquake. The sun turned black like sackcloth made of goat hair, the whole moon turned blood red, and the stars fell to earth, as late figs drop from a fig tree when shaken by a strong wind. The sky receded like a scroll, rolling up and every mountain and island was removed from its place.” (Revelation 6:12-14, NIV)
As I read further, it is noted that the kings, generals, the rich, and the mighty, every free man hid in caves among the rocks wanting the mountains to fall on them. “For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?” (Revelation 6: 17, ESV)
I then stopped and thought about those the Lord sees, and is watching, that are not of the faithful.
As I Waited, Thinking About What’s To Come, I Heard These Words…
“Who can stand on that day, for the wrath of God will come in this way.
Today is the day to come to the Light. His name is Jesus, with all power and might.
He’s paid a price and made the way, for all of mankind to avoid this dreadful day.
So as you come to Him, adore His name, Jesus is the One to rid us of all blame.
His arms are open, His eyes in full view; Come to Him now, and you’ll be made new.
There’s a place He’s preparing; it’s our heavenly home, secured and open where no one can aimlessly roam.
Won’t you come to Him now? He’s waiting your turn as you embrace His life with much still to learn.
His heart is to welcome all willing to come in; His blood was shed for all of our sin.
Accept His invitation; it’s time to choose; I promise you this, you will never lose.
He’s calling to us, to give us new life, a life that will honor Him, so come out from under the knife and strife.
And when He comes and descends on the earth, the battle had been won, as we know of our worth.
He’s loved us regardless of where we have been; His calvary road removed all our sin.
Before the Sixth Seal is released upon the earth, come to Him now, and receive the new birth.
The end will come, as I gather you in; come close, My children, you’ve been freed from sin.
And as you understand My voice and My call, there are others to tell who don’t know anything at all.
The harvest is ready, the workers still few; obey what I’ve told you; it’s all prepared for you.
So in your little corner wherever you live; My arms are extended open to love and forgive.”
His Eyes and Heart Are Open,
Mary Beth Pecora
This is an updated edition of a post originally published on mybelovedsvoice.com.