It’s time to take off the dark glasses and see what’s right next to us. God’s goodness is everywhere! Learn to see that goodness through our stress, pain, and all unanswered questions. Even in times of uncertainty, God’s goodness hasn’t left.
I love the heart of Jacob, he says, “I will build an altar to God, who answered me in the day of my distress and who has been with me wherever I have gone.” (Genesis 35: 3)
- Recognize our God is with us, always. Follow His continual leading and watch Him answer. Let’s let that thought settle in.
The Lord said to him, “Go up to the house of Bethel (House of God) and settle there and build an altar to the God.” (Genesis 35: 1)
- Settle today, that God needs to be first in our life with no other gods.
Jacob obeys and takes his commitment a step further by telling his household to get rid of their foreign gods and he “Buried them under the oak at Shechem. (Genesis 35: 4)
- What needs to be buried in our life, perhaps an idol, that is hindering a pure walk with God? An idol is anything that takes the place of God in our life.
After Jacob does a “house cleaning,” God re-establishes his call, saying, “Be fruitful and increase in number. A nation and a community of nations will come from you, and kings will come from your body. (Genesis 35: 11)
Bethel is the place where God had begun his direct relationship with Jacob. From that place of establishment, He keeps moving them forward from there. Plant yourself in the House of God. Trust that many generations will follow. Following His leading will move us forward!
- God’s covenants and promises cannot be revoked.
His words are not like people’s words, that may have hidden motives and try to entrap and ensnare us. Jesus encountered this manipulation from man, but His authority and wisdom walked Him right out of it.
Jesus was questioned, yet, in His discernment, He did not answer.
- Sometimes it’s best not to answer all the questions that are thrown at us, especially if it’s a trap.
- If a trap is being set, God will enable you to escape it.
- Wisdom given by God will expose those who have hidden motives. “He, (Jesus), saw their duplicity…” (Luke 20: 23)
- When it’s time to answer, let the foresight of God answer, it silences the enemy. “Astonished by His answer, they become silent.” (Luke 20:26)
When the Lord is the stronghold of our life, our fear diminishes. Our confidence rises and we can say, “I am still confident of this: I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.” (Psalm 27: 13) We are still living!
(Genesis 35: 1-36: 43, Luke 20: 1-26, Psalm 27, Paraphrased & Modified)
UNBROKEN LOVE SERIES
You can find all of the Unbroken Love series posts by clicking the button below.